woensdag 29 juli 2009

Plagarism and a update.

As some of you may or may not know, I read Fanfiction.
The main thing I read, is Harry Potter fanfiction.(I've read fanfiction stories which are better then the books themselves!)

Now today, I got a update from one of my favorite stories and I wish to help spread the message.
________
Plagerism

Right, I know that I’m not actually writing anymore, and to be fair, I still aren’t, however, this comes from one of my favourite authors and is definitely doing something right when he sent this out. Please read the following and do what it says, because we all know that Plagerism is without a doubt wrong, and should not in any circumstance be tolerated.

We are preparing an action against IdiotBoy and !

IdiotBoy - the nick name he got from somebody over the last week - created an account at and published several fics from all kind of authors and claimed them as his.

That is not a problem, because he is member of a well established site like , who has the policy not to allow those practices. So what happens? You would expect that the fics he stole from others will be removed?

No. Everyone fills in an report of plagiarism, but still it has no effect, he can continue stealing the work from others.

At the end and after several weeks, the stories get removed.

But what happens next? He creates another account at and repeats this whole nasty business. Instantly, people from all over the Fan Fiction world started to fill in reports of abuse and the result is the same. They (the management of ) ignored all requests and mr. IdiotBoy can continue to violate the policies from without any problem.

When the pressure went up, removed the fics Mr. IdiotBoy stole. And what happened? Exactly, he started anew. He created another account and the first thing he did was stealing the same fic he started with. Now he is waiting ...

Again many people filled in abuse reports with and again they don't act.
Su Tipple (author and beta-reader of RotaryFile) and I suggested taking action. She wrote an Open Letter about this whole mess and I agreed to publish it to a separate website.

The purpose of that website is: To collect enough attention across the world of Fan Fiction and beyond and to pressure to implement their policies

To ask the visitors of the site to add an entry in the guest book to express their opinion about the whole issue. Reason? We plan to publish this information at all media outlets in the Internet (like CNN).

To give IdiotBoy exactly what he wants, except a bit more then he hoped for (overkill, make the boy the most hated person in the world of fan fiction and beyond and a warning of those other jokers out there)
You can help. You can reach the web site here:

http:// ffnisplagiarism . info

You don't need to register, simply add your comments into the guest book

There is also a poll

How are we spreading the message around and get people to pay attention to the problems with IdiotBoy and ? We want to ask you to spread the message

We ask you to participate to take a look to the site and to add one or more entries in the guest book and participate with the poll

We will publish this message to all (Harry Potter) fan fiction Google- and yahoo- user groups we can find with the same requests

We will publish this web site to all major search- and indexing websites in the Internet (SEO) (that's the reason for the advertisement, it attracts additional visitors and helps to pay for the domain and web site)

We will contact all the (Harry Potter) Archiving web sites (like this one) with the request to place an announcement on their sites (link exchange; we place a link to their web site)) and we request the owners/admins, to send an announcement to their members about the situation and a link to the

http:// ffnisplagiarism . info

(you will find such announcement soon in your mail from the HPFanficArchive and WC4 sites)

We contact all (Harry Potter) forums, blogs and other publication web sites with the request to place an announcement on their sites (link exchange; we place a link to their web site)) and we request the owners/admins, to send an announcement to their members about the situation and a link to the

)

We will publish the existence of

http:// ffnisplagiarism. info

to all Social Web sites we can find

We publish press releases about the existence of and the reasons why
We contact media outlets (whatever we can find) like CNN and any other (Internet) news paper

Right, you’ve all got the message, so go do something about it!

________

Because while I may dislike cars, loudly tweeting birds in the morning or any such things, I hate Plagarism. Please, spread the word.(Because I know that around the three of you following my blog, atleast two of you have many more readers then I do)
____

Now back to me, I've been sick since monday. Well actually it started on monday.
I kept working, even though I was slowed, etc. And basically took a hour longer then usual. After which I walked home because I had a flat tire. My mom was going to pick me up, but crashed the car.(Don't worry, it's all insured and it's not really bad)
So symptons: Very easily fatigued, tired, migraines, stomach pains and random pains over most of my body if I exercise.

Speaking about exercise, I decided to pick up some more exercise, to stay healthy and cycle around everyday.

Now there is one thing which went good, scarily smooth even. Today I went to pick up my new Pasport/ID thingy, I went to the desk to pick up a number.
Before I even got close, she said:
''Here to pick up a new ID?''
I said yes and while I was still walking to her, she printed out a ticket thingy which I took.

I then walked up, during which my name got called up by the system.
That nevers happens, I checked it to be sure and voila, it was true.
Everything went smooth and I was done within a minute or two.

DD signing out.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten