zondag 17 mei 2009

Procrastination Problems after a weekend of fun.

The LARP'ing was GREAT.
Despite that both my sword and shield broke eventually over the course of the weekend. I had a great time. Don't worry, both are repair-able. But now is not the time for that.
I got a cloak made, and it was verah good.
Had lots of fun, got some msns and even got some hugs IRL at the end of the event. Gooo me.


Now on the course of several other things.
The College application. I got it and the test. I've partially filled out the application and the home-test. Both are due on the 27th when I have the school-test and the interview.

Now on a more worrying topic. I have not studied at all.



Yes. This worries me much. Its only a low-level* high school exam.
I've got a couple of days and then exams start. I really need to start studying.
Cookiemanjaro knows what'l happen if they say I failed and have to spend another year where I'm at now.

Also, summer job. I'l of around two months of summer vacation if I graduate and get into a college. And they're having open applications at a local supermarket for .....damn, what do you call it in english? Dunno....Well its basically filling up empty spaces in the racks and helping customers if they ask you something.
Anyway, so I'm trying to write a sollicitation letter for that. Yay. ALso have to scrap toghetter a curriculum vitae.

I'l probably make another post in the remainder in this month, either somewhere in the middle of my exams or after the 27th and talking about how it went.

1 opmerking:

  1. Oh, the fun of replying to your blog, little buddy. "Hmmm...Which button in the foreign language should I click to submit my reply? I'll guess...THIS ONE!" =P

    I believe the job you described is that of a "stock clerk." It's a virtually thankless task, but then someone has to do it. If someone bothers to thank you, accept it as the gift it truly is. When I would stock shelves at various stores, I was lucky to get so much as a muttered "Thanks" as they wandered off.

    Now, I happen to know that you see little that's good in your life, and that furthering your education to face a bleak future is probbaly a waste of time. (Though I *AM* glad you had fun at the LARP.) Forget it, D-D. As much as you like hanging out on GitP and having fun there, you need to set up some time to study. This is your future hanging in the balance, and ignoring it or putting it off is not the way to go. Please listen to me in this matter, as I put off my education ENTIRELY too much; as a result, I never completed college.

    So...If you were a resident of Paragon City - the City of Heroes - I would tell you to "Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls." (They spell "skulls" with only one L for some silly reason.) But since you are a real person and not a computer generated avatar on an MMO, I will tell you, "Go. Study. Be smart." =)

    Oh...and while you're at it, BE WELL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen